Research Intern, Partnerships
The Synergos Institute is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to the development of effective, sustainable and locally based solutions to poverty. Working with partners, Synergos' mission is to mobilize resources and bridge social and economic divides to reduce poverty and increase equity around the world.
Synergos' Partnership program aims to address challenges around poverty and social injustice through inclusive partnerships-efforts that bring government, business, civil society as well as affected communities together for collective problem solving and action. Realizing progress and lasting change on critical development concerns such as those enumerated in the millennium development goals will require an unprecedented level of collaboration between across sectors within a society. Synergos' inclusive partnerships embrace personal growth and transformation as a key element of broader social change.
The program seeks an intern with a time commitment of 10-15 hours per week. Interns are welcome to participate broadly in Synergos activities, including all-staff meetings, staff presentations and meetings with external guests.
- Research methods and approaches to working in inclusive partnerships, towards helping prepare a toolbox of available approaches
- Provide a range of research support that may include: literature review, statistical and other background on issues and regions, profiles of potential partner individuals and organizations
- Provide administrative support as needed -- may include preparing meeting materials, writing up meeting notes, etc.
- Other projects and responsibilities may emerge over the course of the internship.
- Committed to Synergos' mission and values
- Strong research, organization and presentation skills
- Strong interest in processes and methods
- Deep knowledge of international development content
- Experienced in Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Send resume and cover letter to:
The Synergos Institute
3 East 54th Street
New York, NY 10022